onsdag 24 april 2024

A dream of my brother

Howdy.




I will now tell you about a dream I had. Some years ago. It was about my late brother, Robert.

He was not figuratively in it. But his very absence was telling; that was the message of the dream.

+++

I am visiting my brother Robert in Uppsala. It’s a kind of dorm house, many people sharing it. They point down a meadow or lawn, go there they say, the door over there goes to Rob’s room. So I go down this slope, greensward in the sun and a door ahead, nice to meet your brother...

The next scene I’m in the room and there’s a complete change of atmosphere. The room is empty, it isn’t even a room, just an empty space of scaffolding. Dark, stormy skies all around. It all says “empty, nobody home” like nothing on earth. Bringing this message home: “Your brother is dead, you can’t visit him anymore. You can’t go to Uppsala and see him.”

+++

Empty room, empty scaffolding... It’s over. He’s gone. And then the cataclysm and then the ice age.



Related
Rob's Obit
Son of Sweden (poem)
A Presentation of Antropolis
In Swedish: Antropolis
In Swedish: On Spiritual Joy

Inga kommentarer: