torsdag 18 maj 2023

Dog cat mouse -- a prose poem

You know the drill... I'm the modern Orpheus, the preaching poet of this era... and now for a new poem by me.




1.

This is a precious and prancing prose poem... a journey into sound, color, words, and stream of consciousness...

This is the story of Cantankerous the Beauteous – the can-can tank girl – a panzer “pom-pom playgirl”...

Shall I liken thee to a summer’s day...?

I’m a flickering fay – don’t go away –

I’m green and hyaline – join me in my submarine

She’s got a mean streak – she’s preaching on the beach –
she’s a real peach



2.

This is Actionism, creedism, my teaching and preaching routine... this is musical musings about a man and his music... this is poetic poesy by a born singer... this is caleidoscopic banter by a fire-and-movement preacher...

This is Åsele, Enköping, Berlin and Antropolis... this is Dharma Town, Runaburg, Dorylaon... this is Carl Griffensteen, Arno Greif, Jenro Klao... this is burning magnesium, MG-rattle in the distance, burning love... fire -- I'll take you to learn... fire -- I'll take you to burn...

I'll see you burn...!

This is Bonanza, High Chaparal... this is Flintstones, Fenix 5... this is Kojak Barretta McCloud... Cheers Seinfeld Happy Days... goodbye grey sky, hello blue... nothing can hold me when I hold you...

This is metal, shock pop, glam rock... this is acid rock heavy rock stoner rock... this is black metal white metal yellow metal shiny gold... you are gold, always believe in your soul... you’re indestructable...

This is black rock white rock red rock... this is preaching and teaching with a Marshall amp... preaching to the power chords... see the mountains darken yonder, black sun rising, time is running out...



3.

Ken Ray Ken Ray... Bonanza Flintstones Hawaii 5-0...

Nixon Ford McGovern... Washington Pnom Penh... hard fighting at the Parrot’s Beak...

Bonanza High Chaparral... cowboys and Indians... the steppe is burning up...

German army tank crew... British army infantry... The Tirpitz... Timpo Toys Britains Corgi Toys Dinky Toys... Volvo 1800 with jeweled headlights...



4.

Dog cat mouse... Bristol Blenheim, medium bomber of the RAF... I can play the recorder, can you...?

Patrick the Frog... Mister Men... Barbapapa...
Salt Lake City... we’ll be coming soon...
Here – comes – Bod.

You get the drill... I was born in Sweden... in a Swedish family... we spoke Swedish... but the English language nevertheless filtered through... in TV, in songs on the radio... I remember hearing Arthur Brown’s Fire rather early... it spoke to me... and I am a Sagittarius... a fire sign...

I learned English by listening to pop music... by building plastic models and reading the instructions... Airfix Revell Matchbox you name it... best language school there is... so when in 3rd grade we had English on the curriculum it got kinda basic... too basic... cat dog mouse...



Coda

Let me tell you about the Dreamer’s Description of the world...

I read spirit into everything – that’s the Dreamer’s Description...
All I do is sleep and dance and sing – that’s the Dreamer’s Description...
I see everything as myth math and metaphor – that’s the Dreamer’s Description...

I always return to the same dream –
I’m old in the land of dreams –
Dream is all I do – so everything I do, say, preach and teach – becomes dreamy, becomes the Dreamer’s Description of the world...



Related
Actionism (book)
Vortex Master (poem)
Painting by Robert Svensson

Inga kommentarer: