tisdag 28 maj 2024

Vision Quest poem

Good morning.




I sometimes go out -- to see -- to gather visions. They are called "vision quests". And my latest outing of this kind brought the following visions and reflections.



++++++++++

A = A

AAA... the Triple-A has no maps... to the lair of great Cthulhu...

... the mysterious Galaxie running about town, the fabled phantom car... you only see its round tail lights in the distance, way down a boulevard, before it turns a corner and is gone, like a mirage...

I'm breaking rocks in the hot sun
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

+++

Turquoise --

Hyaline green --

Burgundy --

Tangerine --

If a merman I would be
I could see the sun rise
from the bottom of the sea...

Chrysantemum --

Pink petunia --

Sunflower --

Hyacinth --

... and a Cadillac '51, popsicle green, ice green, zaccharine green...

+++

Gates of Babylon, baby...

By the gates of Babylon...
where we sat down
and Dio sang
of endless gallery
enless hallway
endless corridor
leading down below
and beyond
to cooler climes

+++

Cérise --

Lemon yellow --

Reseda green --

Light blue --

Road past the Marly. Lamborghini Miura. Jerusalem, French miniature from the 1400s.

Cherry red --

Prismatic blue --

Lincoln Continental four-door sedan. Plymouth Belvedere. Cadillac Eldorado. Pontiac Grand Prix. Plymouth Barracuda.

+++

What exists in the room without windows is the true... the truly existing Sein lives in the abyss, in the dark, in the monad... like this artefact coming at you out of nowhere, shining its headlights in sad melancholia...

water, water everywhere --

city of channels... Venice of the north, Venice on the beach...

Metaphysical brown --

Marble brown --

Melanie Brown, melancholic --

+++

Creutz im Gebirge. Die Lebensstufen. The Enigma of Arrival. The Enigma of the Hour.

... that's where I roam, endlessly... among water mirrors, reflecting the sun... among streets, empty in the morning light... among houses of glass, mirroring my empty mind...

Fine white --

Canary yellow --

Porphyry red --

Absinthe green --

+++

Dresden in moonlight. Germania and Italia. Bacchus and Ariadne.

Metaphysical brown, esoterical blue... sfumata in the distance...

May I be peaceful
May I be happy
May I be free

May my friends be peaceful
May my friends be happy
May my friends be free

May my enemies be peaceful
May my enemies be happy
May my enemies be free

May all people be peaceful
May all people be happy
May all people be free

+++

Cherry red --

Infinite blue --

Goodwood green --

Everything is connected to everything else... the light that shines on me also shines on my brother... my exhalation is someone else's inhalation...

Nike from Samothrake. Porsche Speedster. Porsche Spyder. Chinese Wall. Berlin Wall.

Paolo Veronese...

Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld...

Mathias Grünewald...

Philip Otto Runge...

We must break up from the abundance of Babel to the dedication of Antropolis --

Real love stories have no endings --

The Grace of God, it made me shiver, then it made me calm --

... and if you want, pray with me...

+++

The Empire had fallen. Lawlessness abounded, chaos and anarchy. The clouds scudded over the ruins of the city. -- Then through the rubble he came, a wiseman, a preacher, a man knowing his way through thick and thin...



Related
Another poem
Jack Steelnack
A novel
Enköping, Uppland, 1972. From the Svensson photo album

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

you have a good level of attentiveness, i wish you the best

Svensson sa...

^^ Thank you.