tisdag 4 februari 2020

A Dream


I sometimes dream at night...




A dream. I am visiting my brother Robert in Uppsala. It’s a kind of dorm house, many people sharing it. They point down a meadow or lawn, go there they say, the door over there goes to Rob’s room. So I go down this slope, greensward in the sun and a door ahead, nice to meet your brother...

The next scene I’m in the room and there’s a complete change of atmosphere. The room is empty, it isn’t even a room, just an empty space of scaffolding. Dark, stormy skies all around. It all says “empty, nobody home” like nothing on earth. Bringing this message home: “Your brother is dead, you can’t visit him anymore. You can’t go to Uppsala and see him.”




Related
My Portrait of Rob
Timeline Secret History
Heinlein and SF
The dreamy pic illustrating this is of course painted by Rob... and more of his fantasy art can be found in this post.

Inga kommentarer: